I was born in The Hague, lived there until I went to university and then lived a long time in several other places in The Netherlands. Luckily I returned to live in The Hague in 1996. In 2002 I started operating Haagsche Suites. In 2004 I started Blogging.
I’m biased, but The Hague is an excellent city to work in, to live in and an excellent city to visit. I just want to tell this to the world out there in the English language. Because:
- The Hague has a small problem. It is known by
threefour different names:
- It’s original name is ‘s-Gravenhage,
- It’s common name is Den Haag
- The English speaking world knows it as The Hague and
- The French know it as La Haye
So it ain’t easy to look it up in Google just try :-)
- There are many excellent resources on the World Wide Web, but many of those are only in the Dutch language and although there are quite a few Dutch speaking people, there are many more English speaking people.
I cannot do this on my own and am looking around to get as many more people on board to tell the world about our common passion, The Hague. I hope this will become a one stop source of inspiration for fellow and future The Hague lovers. Initially it will be hosted on the WordPress.com platform, but it certainly will be moving to it’s own platform in the future.
I’ve found an excellent backer in Lisa. Lisa is currently on the verge of going on holiday, but you will certainly be hearing from her in the future.
We’ve decided not to plan this venture too much. We’ve only been sparring a bit about a proper name. We hope it catches you!
From there we’ve decided to dive in and to see how it develops as a community project.
What do you think?
Last edited by Happy Hotelier on July 12, 2010 at 11:09 pm