When the sun shines in The Hague most people head to Scheveningen to enjoy the seaside and all it has to offer. The beach has recently been extended and the restaurants have opened again for business after a long winter break. You will find a wide selection of food and night-life along the boulevard, but also on the North Beach and around the Harbour.
Other attractions are the Casino, water sports, diverse museums with excellent exhibitions each year (such as Museum Beelden aan Zee) and walking routes in and around the dunes. If you are visiting with kids go to Sea Life and they are sure to also enjoy Glow Golf on the Pier.
Upcoming events – save the date:
- Sandsculpture festival 24 April 27 June 2011
- De Delta Lloyd North Sea Regatta 2011 31 May – 13 June 2011
- Royal Beach Concert 20114 & 5 June 2011
- VlaggetjesDag11 June 2011
Transport: Tram 1, 9, 11 & bus 22
* Parking can be a problem on sunny days, read here for info on where to park.
image credit: Photo by Martin Palmer