Welcome to the Carnival of Cities for October 6, 2010.
In the Carnival of Cities by turn bloggers post the best posts about one city or town produced by other bloggers who have entered their posts. Is an excellent way to spread the word about your blog and/or to bring your city to the attention of readers of other blogs. For us as a relatively new blog dedicated to one city (The Hague, Absolutely!) it’s an honor to host this blog carnival Carnival of Cities, originally set up by Sheila Scarborough on her Family Travel Logue back in 2007. Sheila doesn’t confine herself to just one blog, do read my interview with her, and, more importantly, she has visited The Hague several times when she used to live in The Netherlands.
The last edition of September 22, 2010, was hosted at Family Travel Logue and the next edition of October 20, 2010 will be hosted at Sheila’s Guide to the Good Stuff.
The rules for this Carnival of Cities clearly state that the posts have to reflect just one city or one town of any importance. So unfortunately I had to delete a couple of submissions that did not comply.
- Keith Jenkins presents Cape Town, South Africa, in 10 Things to do in Cape Town posted at Velvet Escape
- Bridget Smith presents Juneau, Alaska, USA, in Photo Friday: Couples Getaway to Juneau Alaska, Day 1 posted at Family Adventure Guidebooks, saying: “Just got back from a couples getaway to Juneau. This spectacular Alaskan Capital City has a great small town feel and plenty of natural beauty.”
- Tracey G. presents Anguilla, Caribbean, in Anguilla Part 6: The best 8,000 Calories I ever Ate, posted at Escape from New York.
- Beth Blair presents St Paul, Minnesota, USA, in Minnesota History Center’s Chocolate: The Exhibition posted at The Vacation Gals, saying: “The best family day trips combine a little education with a lot of fun! Minnesota History Center’s Chocolate: The Exhibition supplied a highly entertaining day for me and my children.”
- Shannon Hurst Lane presents Atlanta, Georgia, USA, in Roadside eats for families in Atlanta, Georgia posted at TravelingMamas.com sayin: “ThemeParkMom Leigh Caldwell shares some roadside eats for families in Atlanta, Georgia, USA on TravelingMamas.com”.
- Jennifer Miner presents New York City, New York, USA, in Halloween in New York City ? Annual Activities posted at The Vacation Gals , saying: “Halloween in New York City offers no shortage of fun activities for kids, and crazy events for adults. Here are some annual Halloween things to do in NYC for families (and the Village parade, which is decidedly less child-friendly).”
- Mary Jo Manzanares presents Oakland, Florida USA, in The Floating White House in Jack London Square posted at Traveling with MJ, saying saying, “From FDR to Elvis, then docked in Jack London Square, now everyone can visit the floating White House.”
- Patty B. Lecron presents Dallas, Texas, USA, in A French Breeze Through DallasAS by P.B.Lecron posted at A French Education, saying, “Take a look around! See Dallas with different eyes…” .
- Zhu presents Pembroke, Ontario, Canada, in Pembroke, Ontario posted at Correr Es Mi Destino, saying “We hit the road on Saturday morning and followed the bumpy Trans-Canada highway. Our first stop was in Pembroke, Ontario, 150 km from Ottawa.”.
- Shannon Hurst Lane presents Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA, in Best Beignets in Baton Rouge, LA: Coffee Call posted at Adventures in Food, Wine, and Travel with Shannon Hurst Lane saying: “A local favorite in Baton Rouge, Louisiana”.
- Jennifer presents Orlando, Florida, USA, in Water Park Fun at the CoCo Key Orlando Hotel and Water Park posted at Two Kids and a Map, saying:”My kids loved splashing in the water park areas and I loved being able to just walk back to our hotel room when we were tired!”
- Sheila Scarborough presents Hutchinson, USA, in Why Hutchinson, Kansas was chosen for the 140 tech conference posted at Sheila’s Guide To The Good Stuff, saying:”How a town in Kansas ended up with one of the most popular tech conferences in the world”.
- Thailand Breeze presents Phetchaburi, Tailand, in Traditional Thai Crafts In Phetchaburi posted at Thailand Breeze.
- Anthony presents Ubud, Indonesia in Eat, spa, love: Ubud’s top five wellness hotels posted at Mr and Mrs Smith Blog, recent winners of two prestigious (UK) Travolution awards (Hear! Hear!)
- Carrie Kellenberger presents Jeju-Do, Korea, in Top 5 Places to see in Jeju-Do posted by Rahul Pabhakar at My Several Worlds
- Darren Cronian presents Leeds in Visit Leeds waterfront at Granary Wharf posted at My Life in Leeds, saying, “Would love to be featured on the carnival of cities.”.
- Bo Eriksen presents Barcelona, Spain, in Category: General – The Ugly: “Okupas” posted at Barcelona Reviews- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly An outcry against the Barcelona Squatters bad behavior.
- Karen Bryan presents Edinburgh, Scotland, in Top restaurants in Edinburgh, Scotland posted at Top Travel Content Europe.
- Suzy Ogé presented The Hague, The Netherlands, in 3 Crazy Days at De Bijenkorf at Suzy Ogé.
- Marcus Cederstrom (of A Swedish American in Swedish-America) presents Prague, Czech Republic, inSt. Vitus Cathedral, Prague posted at Europe a la Carte Blog.
- Robin Locker Lacey presents Paris, France, in Walking in the Shoes of a Parisian | My Melange posted at My Melange.
- Emily Gerson presents Perugia, Italy, in Photo Essay: Perugia, Italy–City of Arches posted at Maiden Voyage.
- Lisa Corcoran presents Palma de Mallorca, Spain in A Chic Guide to…Palma posted at Travel Notebook.
- Anne-Sophie Redisch presents Oslo, Norway in Free Oslo: Frogner Park posted at Oslo, saying: “Oslo may be one of the world’s most expensive cities, but loads of fun things to see and do are completely free.”
- Keith Kellett presents London, UK, in St. Pancras posted at Travelrat’s Travels.
I take the liberty to include footage of surfing in Scheveningen, The Hague’s Beach Resort, referring to a prior post where 9 photographers were gliding rather than riding the North Sea, saying: “You were lucky guys, the weather was not like this or even worse:-)”
That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of carnival of cities using the Carnival of Cities Submission Form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.
Technorati tag: blog carnival.
15 thoughts on “Carnival of Cities – October 6, 2010”
Good post! All of the concepts as well as insights happen to be very well worthwhile learning. You definitely people useful material. Thank you for posting it!
Wow! What a roundup this week! Thanks so much for hosting and including my post.
Thanks so much for including my post on Perugia!
Thanks so much for hosting it this week! You did a great job, and I really enjoyed watching the video of surfers at The Hague’s beach resort.
Thanks for the mention Guido!
Great lineup of b4posts, and it’s good to see Absolutely the Hague flourishing! Maybe next year we need to host a combined bloggers meet-up. Dutch bloggers come to Leeds for the weekend, and I’ll get some Leeds bloggers to come over to the Hague! :)
Seems an excellent idea!
Sounds like a lot fun, would be fab to go to Leeds.
I’m now double glad I hosted it here with my server problems over at Happy Hotelier and Yes! I’ve tried to charm a couple of my blogging friends:-)
Recently you were running a darn impressive Carnival yourself M’Lady
Thanks so much for hosting the Carnival, Guido! You got some wonderful entries; must be your charm that did it. :)
Thanks for the nice round-up. Lots of interesting cities presented here.